- Membrane strips coated with thin parallel lines of several purified, biochemically characterized antigens are used as solid phase. The membrane strips are fixed as BIOCHIPs in the fields of microscope slides.
- If the sample is positive, specific antibodies in the diluted serum sample attach to the antigens coupled to the solid phase.
- In a second incubation step, the attached antibodies react with AP-labelled anti-human antibodies.
- In a third step, the bound antibodies are stained with a chromogen/substrate solution which is capable of promoting a color reaction. An intense dark band at the line of the corresponding antigen appears if the serum sample contains specific antibodies.
- The microscope slides are incubated using the TITERPLANE™ Technique: samples and reagents are applied to the reaction areas of a reagents support. The slides are then placed into the recesses of the reagents' support, where all test strips of one slide come into contact with the liquids, and the individual reactions begin simultaneously.
- Depending on the spectrum of antigens used, it is possible to analyze several antibodies next to each other and simultaneously under identical conditions.
- It is possible to analyze simultaneously several serum samples on one and the same slide.
- Total time for performing the EUROASSAY™ test is about 100 minutes. During the washing procedure, reagents for the next incubation step can be applied to reagents trays.
- All incubation steps proceed at room temperature. Shaking the slides together with the reagent tray on a circulatory shaker ensures the best possible sensitivity.
- Low reagent consumption. Only 50 µl each of diluted serum and reagent are needed per test field.
- Reagents ready for use (wash buffer: concentrate).
- EUROASSAY Anti-ENA ProfilePlus: detection of antibodies against SS-A and SS-B in a case of Sjögren's syndrome.
- Since results are evaluated visually, there is no investment required for photometers, etc.
- The antigen bands are located at exactly defined positions, which means that evaluation of the test is much simpler than for Westernblots.
- Correct completion of the individual incubation steps in each test field is indicated by staining of the control band.
- Positive and negative results can be easily and reliably differentiated from each other. The intensity of the antigen bands correlates with the antibody titer.
- The antigens used are purified and isolated by affinity chromatography. The membrane strips do not contain any superfluous proteins which might cause unspecific positive results.
- The incubated microscope slides can be stored for long periods. Results can be easily documented.
EUROIMMUN AG • Seekamp 31 • D-23560 Lübeck • Tel. +49 451 5855-0 • Fax +49 451 5855-591 • email@example.com